LOI-WESMAN Atmosphere Tempering Furnaces type KEN with integrated rapid cooling system are manufactured on the basis of designs and drawings of our principals IVA INDUSTRIEOFEN GmbH, Germany. These furnaces are used for unique heat treatment processes at temperatures up to 750 degree C maximum and offer an attractive and economical package with higher flexibility, greater uptime, ease of maintenance, trouble free operation and low running costs and can be customized to meet your exact heat treatment and processing requirements.
Loading and Unloading of the charge is carried out by a separate fork lift loader or charge transfer car which can also be supplied by us together with Washing Machines, Roller Tables, Hydraulic Lifters, Charge Fixtures etc.
This furnace uniquely offers flexibility of operating many processes in one batch and can be used for preheating, low temperature tempering, annealing, high temperature tempering/stress relieving, fast atmosphere cooling inside the furnace and particularly suited for specific heat treatment processes like Gas Nitriding and Gas Ferritic Nitrocarburizing. It is also possible to include a stage of pre and post oxidation. While pre oxidation activates the surface and improves the reaction kinetics, post oxidation creates an oxide layer on the surface increasing the corrosion resistance dramatically up to 400 hours of salt spray test, typically. Also being a low temperature process carried out at 570 degree C, it means zero distortion for steels or charge geometries prone to distortion.
Since nitriding and nitrocarburizing are both thermo-chemical case hardening processes and increases the mechanical, tribological (i.e. can display self lubrication properties), wear and corrosion properties of steel especially for ferritic-nitrocarburizing process where being a low temperature process very small amounts of carbon are transferred to the steel surface, they find usage for a wide parts spectrum which can be processed and covers Automotive Components like crank and cam shafts, precision gears, fine mechanical parts, Components for domestic appliances and camera, door hinges, Precision Tools, Hydraulic Pump components, Parts for precision instruments, Extrusion Dies for Aluminium etc.
Standard available sizes are:
||CHARGE LENGTH in mm
||CHARGE WIDTH in mm
||CHARGE HEIGHT in mm
||GROSS CAPACITY in KG
- Other sizes may be available on request.
- The figures above mentioned are charge space dimensions. Fixture dimensions are normally kept 50 mm less than charge space dimensions.
Some of the available options also include:
- Heating System can be electrically heated type E or Gas Fired type G.
- Gas used for heating and process can be LPG/Propane/Natural Gas supplied.
- Furnace atmosphere possible:
- With Endogas and Ammonia for Nitrocarburizing in ratio of 50:50.
- With Ammonia + Nitrogen and LPG/Propane/Natural gas for Nitrocarburizing in ratio of 50:45:5
- With Ammonia + Nitrogen + Carbon Dioxide for Nitrocarburizing in ratio of 50:45:5
- With cracked Ammonia for Nitriding
- With Nitrogen for tempering
- With Air and Steam for pre and post oxidation.
- Available with or without automatic nitriding potential control system.
- The Control Panel can be equipped with a freely-programmable control system and a programming unit. The choice of these units offers a very flexible program design. SCADA or Supervisory Controls and Automation System and MIS through PC and software linking all the equipment or only the main furnace is also available
KEY CONSTRUCTION FEATURES AND ADVANTAGES OF LOI WESMAN ATMOSPHERE TEMPERING FURNACE WITH INTEGRATED RAPID COOLING SYSTEM
- Compact, Robust and Space Saving Design with state-of-the-art technology.
- Furnace shell equipped with light weight and low heat retaining insulation.
- Use of highly efficient burners for gas heated systems.
- Integrated Rapid Cooling system by means of a powerful circulating blower and efficient water cooled heat exchanger.
- Different atmosphere control systems available from fixed gas flows to fully automatic and sophisticated KN control for nitriding processes through reliable process automation and control systems by hydrogen sensor together with mass flow meters for automatic flow control of gases.
- Easy assembly and disassembly of radial fan from outside.
- Integrated Post Combustion unit provided for furnace with Nitriding Process ensures environmentally compatible disposal of flammable, toxic or strong-smelling furnace exhaust gases.
- All components inside the furnace made of stainless steel to counter the corrosion arising out of continuous use of ammonia as process gas.
- Provision of access ladder and platform for ease of maintenance.
- Provision for exhaust hoods for fume exhaustion.
- Permits running systematic heat treatment programs with predefined temperature gradients and provided with PLC allowing flexible set up and execution of process parameters and sequences and multi Loop Automatic Temperature and/or Nitriding Potential Control System leading to Fully automatic control system with interface for process control system
- Excellent temperature uniformity through optimized frequency controlled radial fan and air guiding baffles.
- Easy combination and integration of KEN furnaces in heat treatment plants.
- Extremely safe and easy to operate and maintain.
For more information and to discuss on your Atmosphere Furnace requirements, contact Sushan Chakravorty at
FOR FURTHER DETAILS PLEASE CLICK ON THE LOGO