The powered transfer cars – Loading and Unloading/Loading machines Type L and UL respectively are designed to provide a means of transporting, loading and unloading the charge between the various equipment and stations within the batch heat treating facility.
The charge cars are a part of any batch furnace installation like Sealed Quench Furnace. While the Loading machine can only load in one direction, the Unloading/Loading machine can load as well as unload in one direction.
For a Straight through or TWO DOOR Furnace Installation, the Loading machine is used for loading of the Preheating Furnace and also to load the charge into the heating chamber of the Sealed Quench Furnace.
The Unloading/Loading machine is a part of all batch installations- whether Straight Through TWO DOOR or In/out SINGLE DOOR Furnace. It is used for unloading the charge from the quench chamber of a straight through or TWO DOOR Sealed Quench Furnace and for loading as well as unloading the charge in an In/Out or SINGLE DOOR Sealed Quench Furnace, Washer as well as Tempering Furnaces.
Standard available sizes are:
||CHARGE LENGTH in mm
||CHARGE WIDTH in mm
||GROSS CAPACITY in KG
- Other sizes may be available on request.
- The figures above mentioned are charge space dimensions. Fixture dimensions are normally kept 50 mm less than charge space dimensions.
Some of the available options also include:
- Double ended transfer car to service furnace equipment on both sides of the aisle or which can load and unload on both sides called Universal Loading/Unloading Machine.
- Fully automated charge transfer cars which can be operated man less from the control room also available.
KEY CONSTRUCTION FEATURES AND ADVANTAGES OF LOI WESMAN LOADING AND UNLOADING MACHINE
- Fabricated out of heavy duty structural steel shape and plates
- Heavy duty flanged wheel on one side and flangeless wheels on the other side designed to operate on standard bright bar square rails takes care of line misalignment over a longer distance.
- Safe and simple in operation and operator attention is safe guarded during movements. All elements easily approachable for easy maintenance.
- Unloading sequence executed by heavy duty pulling rods which is more positive
- Automatic selection and execution of loading and unloading strokes based on the equipment which is being catered.
- Arm movements interlocked with door of the equipment being catered, so no chances of wrong operation or accident.
- Two speed Geared Motor drives with clutch braking for instantaneous stop and electronic over current protection.
- Claw movement by hydraulic cylinder which ensures smooth jerk free movement and trouble free operation.
For more information and to discuss on your Atmosphere Furnace requirements, contact Sushan Chakravorty at
FOR FURTHER DETAILS PLEASE CLICK ON THE LOGO