The batch Tempering and Preheating Furnaces type TF and PF respectively perform the most uniform and efficient process batch tempering or preheating operations. Designed primarily as a companion unit for the main batch type heat treating system or the Sealed Quench Furnace , the built-in flexibility allows them to be used independently for other applications as well
Before processing in the Sealed Quench Furnace, the batch is preheated at temperatures of 4500C to agitate the material surface and vaporize cutting oils . This ensures lower processing time in the main furnace as the component surface becomes more susceptible to carbon penetration and also reduces material thermal fatigue. To prevent heat loss, Preheating Furnace is placed next to the main furnace. For a straight through installation or Two Door Furnace, the preheating furnace is provided with an electro-mechanical unloading chain drive mechanism to unload the charge as loading is carried out by the loading machine.
Similarly, the charge after processing in the main furnace and post washing, has to be tempered in a Tempering Furnace where the normal operating temperature is between 150-6500C. The Tempering Furnace is normally placed next to the Washer and charge loading and unloading is carried out by the Unloading/Loading machine.
Standard available and popular sizes are:
PF and TF
|CHARGE LENGTH in mm
||CHARGE WIDTH in mm
||CHARGE HEIGHT in mm
||GROSS CAPACITY in KG
- Other sizes may be available on request.
- The figures above mentioned are charge space dimensions. Fixture dimensions are normally kept 50 mm less than charge space dimensions.
Some of the available options also include:
- Both electrically heated and gas fired versions are available.
- Tempering Furnace can be provided with Nitrogen Gas flushing system to carry out heat treatment under inert atmosphere.
- Can be provided with thyristor control for power supply to heating elements to achieve high degree of temperature uniformity.
KEY CONSTRUCTION FEATURES AND ADVANTAGES OF LOI WESMAN TEMPERING AND PREHEATING FURNACES
- Fabricated out of heavy duty structural steel plates, reinforced and welded.
- Pneumatically operated brick lined door. Specially designed with wedge locking mechanism for maximum sealing.
- Furnace roof, walls and hearth are brick lined with special high insulation refractory bricks minimizing heat loss and low skin temperature.
- Low watt density coiled heating elements arranged on retainer bricks on the two sides, gives uniform heating, long life and easy maintenance as well as replacement.
- Excellent and optimum temperature uniformity by means of a high speed and volume recirculation fan fitted on the roof and stainless steel baffle.
- The hearth construction is by means of a stainless steel roller table which features large diameter divided rollers providing improved circulation and flexibility.
- Standard version suitable for higher operating temperatures up to 7000C.
- Elements connected in star-delta which reduces energy consumption and temperature overshoot, simultaneously increasing heating element life.
- Fully automatic operation with control panel fitted on the side wall of the furnace.
- Access Ladder and Catwalk for maintenance & Exhaust Hoods for fume extraction.
- Preheating Furnace provided with heavy duty chain and unloading drive through geared motor with disc brake for trouble free and long life operation
- All elements easily approachable for ease of maintenance.
- Safe and simple in operation as well as easy to maintain.
For more information and to discuss on your Atmosphere Furnace requirements, contact Sushan Chakravorty at