The Washing machine is designed primarily for pre and post washing functions i.e. for pre washing light machine oil before processing and post washing of parts after quenching to remove any residual quench oil.
The Washing Machine is a part of any batch furnace installation like Sealed Quench Furnace, where under normal circumstances post washing of the components to remove any residual quench oil after quenching is mandatory before processing in the Tempering Furnace. Sometimes, prewashing is also carried out before preheating operation. It is recommended that pre and post wash be carried out in separate washing machines as post washing is done in 2-3% alkali solution while prewashing is done with hot water.
The Washer is normally placed in between the Sealed Quench Furnace and Tempering Furnace and charge loading and unloading is carried out by the Unloading/Loading Machine.
Standard available and popular sizes are:
||WASHER MODEL SMW
||CHARGE LENGTH in mm
||CHARGE WIDTH in mm
||CHARGE HEIGHT in mm
||GROSS CAPACITY in KG
- Other sizes may be available on request.
- The figures above mentioned are charge space dimensions. Fixture dimensions are normally kept 50 mm less than charge space dimensions.
Some of the available options also include:
- Only electrically heated version is available as gas fired version is uneconomical with higher running costs
- As a standard, available with features of washing, dunking, spraying and drying.
- For washing and dunking in alkali solution and spraying by hot water, twin chamber and twin medium Washers type DMW are also available.
- Can also be constructed out of stainless steel
KEY CONSTRUCTION FEATURES AND ADVANTAGES OF LOI WESMAN SPRAY DUNK WASHING MACHINE
- Fabricated out of heavy duty structural steel plates, reinforced and welded.
- Vertical pneumatically operated oscillating elevator and steel plate type door.
- Elevator provided with fabricated roller table consisting of large diameter rollers.
- Normal operating temperature of 80-950C.
- Provided with agitator for the alkali solution.
- Specially designed spray system arrangement with high pressure pump and manually revolving nozzles for superior cleaning results as well as nozzle cleaning system by means of compressed air.
- All pumps provided with mechanical seal preventing media spillage and leakage.
- Provided with automatic inlet water filling system by means of auto level sensing arrangement and solenoid valve with necessary operational interlocks.
- Standard provision of temperature setting of alkali solution and dryer heaters.
- Provided with Spray skimming system as standard.
- Provided with a Special Coalescing type Oil skimming system of washing solution consisting of a skimming pump and an oil/water separator made out of several stainless steel corrugated plates installed in a separate enclosure.
- Fully automatic operation with control panel fitted on the side wall of the Washer.
- Interior painted with rust preventive epoxy paint to minimize rust formation due to exposure to water.
- Exhaust Hoods and outlet for fume extraction system.
- All elements easily approachable for ease of maintenance.
- Safe and simple in operation as well as easy to maintain.
For more information and to discuss on your Atmosphere Furnace requirements, contact Sushan Chakravorty at
FOR FURTHER DETAILS PLEASE CLICK ON THE LOGO